Last Updated: Aug 30, 2018
You might know that both the medications are considered to the mind Viagra’s.
Any way you want to try these smart drugs right? Okay, but there is one big such issue.
You may have great confusion that which one you want to tries, Modafinil vs Adderall. Even you won’t be taken any correct decision on which one you want to buy.
You are not the single person may have the sail in the same situation that which one they don’t know want to buy and which is the best among them.
Just walk through our content for some minutes because you are going to make a wiser decision on which smart drug is the ideal for you. At the end, I am sure that you dilemma over this medication gets wear off.
So are you still thinking what you are going to know from this article? Yes, here you have a lot of proven studies that show you the weakness and strength etc. Hoping that at the end of this article, you shouldn’t have the secondary thought on which medication is the best for you.
What did these two medications do?
Both the Modafinil and Adderall are considered to be as smart drugs. But each of the drugs would have the different functionality in the body. So below is an overview.
Modafinil is one of the most prescribed medications for the treatment of narcolepsy, shift work sleep disorders and excessive daytime sleepiness etc. Modafinil works on the several brain processes that trigger the simulation. Medical scientists have proposed that it could trigger the GABA (Gamma-amino-muriatic acid) receptors alongside with the other acids such as Glutamate, histamine, and noradrenaline. The neurotransmitters are the responsible for which makes the sense of being awake and the alertness.
Modafinil is been approved by the food and drug administration (FDA) in 1998 in the United States. You can also see the Modafinil review to get to know the deep insights of the medication.
Adderall is another effective medication that certainly used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine are the CNS stimulants which could affect the certain chemicals in the brain so that it results in impulse control and hyperactivity.
Though, Adderall works on the norepinephrine, dopamine, and neurotransmitter in the state of the psych stimulation.
Adderall has the sense of the exhibits calmness for the people who have the ADHD disorder which could lead to concern the focusing and the concentration.
Adderall has approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1996 effectively to treat Narcolepsy.
Benefits of Modafinil and Adderall
Studies have proven that both the medications don’t have the same benefits.
Modafinil is familiar for:
– Modafinil has the major part that leads to increase the productivity. To say precisely the user increases their attention to the particular work.
– Assisting the persons who have ADHD with the Modafinil medication can ultimately lead to the improving the focus and concentration.
– Elevation in the mood and have the ability to focus for the certain period.
Adderall is familiar for:
– Providing the user with the high simulation, because it could work in the neurotransmitter that enhances the activities of CNS and the peripheral nervous system.
– Because of releasing the adrenaline this medication could counterfeit the effect of the ADHD and the narcolepsy disorders.
Side effects of Modafinil and Adderall
Like other drugs, both the medications have the side effects. Even Adderall medication has the number of side effects than the Modafinil.
Modafinil side effects:
Well, these Modafinil medications have only less number of side effects or sometimes that not too. In fact, the people who administer this Modafinil medication have never reported for any of the side effects. This is because the medication works differently with the accordance to the patient body condition and hormone.
Anyhow it could cause the mild side effects such as Headaches, anxiety, nausea, and nervousness etc. In rare cases, it could cause other problems such as shaking, skin rashes etc.
Adderall side effects:
The most common side effects of the Adderall medication include dizziness, restlessness, fear, and headaches. Number side effects such as chest pain, hallucination and seizure can occur if administering for a prolonged period.
Though, Adderall is addictive in nature so that it can enhance the blood pressure and heart rate. Patients who are diagnosed with the heart-related issues should not take this medication.
Usage Modafinil vs Adderall
Both the medications have the same use. Adderall is majorly administered by the students as a part of studying aid, but however, it doesn’t improve the IQ level. Modafinil medication is used by the doctors, pilots, and scientist, even by students to wear off the fatigue and the sleep deprivation.
Additional to all those things it helps to enhance the performance of an individual.
The medical value: Modafinil vs. Adderall
The medical value sets the Modafinil and Adderall medications apart from each other.
So apart from the narcolepsy, shift work sleep disorders, and excessive sleepiness, the Modafinil would really help to get out the symptoms of depression in the patients who have Parkinson’s diseases.
Another authentic study shows that the Modafinil helps to reduce the cocaine carvings of an individual by the behavior therapy.
Since Adderall cannot do the above things hence it is developed to treat the narcolepsy and Attention Hypertension Deficiency Syndrome (ADHD).
Potential Abuse and Addiction: Modafinil vs. Adderall
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that the human body produces of its own. It is like feel-good chemical and any drugs that affect the dopamine would lead to addiction. Moreover, anything that affects this chemical can be out of control.
So Adderall stimulates the norepinephrine and too much dopamine. The higher doses of the Adderall are needed for the person whose brain is affected by the chemicals to feel alerted and be productive.
Even Modafinil also affects these chemicals but in a friendly manner.
Some people take Modafinil in higher doses to induce the euphoria. It is a medical condition that amplifies the emotions such as excitement, happiness, and well-being. So that is what many have abusing the Modafinil and gets addicted. This condition would like to happen in higher doses.
Modafinil vs. Adderall – Infographics
Both the medications are commonly used among the students and entrepreneurs to stay alert and focused throughout the day.
Mechanism of action
Modafinil – It blocks neurotransmitters associated with the sleep and fatigue.
Adderall – It actively stimulates the central nervous systems.
Modafinil – It shows to enhance the IQ level. Also, improves to decision making process, memory, creativity and learning capability
Adderall – It doesn’t show to be improving the cognition but it makes to be focused if the person had ADHD.
Adderall – Lasts four to six hours.
Modafinil – Lasts up to 14 hours and be more stable.
Adderall – Shortness of breath, Bloody Urine, Diarrhea Nausea, dizziness etc…
Modafinil – It has lesser side effects compared to Adderall.
Therefore, I hope that the above information would help you to take the right decision in fact whether you buy Modafinil or buy Adderall. As stated both the medication is a stimulant and the one which you leaves with the choice if you are buying smart drugs for fun.
- Anderson A. L., Reid M. S., Li S. H., Holmes T., Shemanski L., Slee A., Smith E. V., Kahn R., Chiang N., Vocci F., Ciraulo D., Dackis C., Roache J. D., Salloum I. M., Somoza E., Urschel H. C., III, Elkashef A. M. (2009). Modafinil for the treatment of cocaine dependence. Drug Alcohol Depend. 104, 133–13910.1016/j.drugalcdep.2009.04.015 [PMC free article] [PubMed] [CrossRef]
- Green C. E., Moeller F. G., Schmitz J. M., Lucke J. F., Lane S. D., Swann A. C., Lasky R. E., Carbonari J. P. (2009). Evaluation of heterogeneity in pharmacotherapy trials for drug dependence: a Bayesian approach. Am. J. Drug Alcohol Abuse 35, 95–10210.1080/00952990802647503 [PMC free article] [PubMed] [CrossRef]
- Longo M., Wickes W., Smout M., Harrison S., Cahill S., White J. M. (2010). Randomized controlled trial of dexamphetamine maintenance for the treatment of methamphetamine dependence. Addiction 105, 146–15410.1111/j.1360-0443.2009.02717.x [PubMed] [CrossRef]
- Shearer J., Wodak A., van Beek I., Mattick R. P., Lewis J. (2003). Pilot randomized double blind placebo-controlled study of dexamphetamine for cocaine dependence. Addiction 98, 1137–114110.1046/j.1360-0443.2003.00447.x [PubMed] [CrossRef]
- Stout R. L., Wirtz P. W., Carbonari J. P., Del Boca F. K. (1994). Ensuring balanced distribution of prognostic factors in treatment outcome research. J. Stud. Alcohol Suppl. 12, 70–75 [PubMed]
- Kumar R. Approved and investigational uses of modafinil: an evidence-based review. Drugs. 2008;68(13):1803–1839. [PubMed]