We all want to be sharp, intelligent, topper and winner etc. as long as we live, isn’t it? Aging is unavoidable and therefore the forgetfulness of memory loss would happen adequately. Yet we all wanted to be young and not just upon our physical frame also, in carrying over our intelligence, sharpness, and alertness even in the older age. Is that possible?
The fact is due to the demand of search for the brain power and enhancing the cognitive function has given the rise to the birth of smart drug in the pharmaceutical industry.
What are the smart drugs?
Smart drugs are the one which is named after its performance in the brain functioning. They are the special brain supplements that are designed to work on the neurons and neurotransmitters to improve the various functions of the brain. Some of the aspects of the brain functioning are attention, focus, concentration, memory power, mental alertness, wakefulness and learning ability.
Unlike other supplements, these smart drugs work in the brain to improve the short term and long term memory power of a person.
Why is Provigil known as smart drug globally?
There are certain things that make the Provigil drug to be indicated as the smart drug. The drug has the potential in improving the brain function with various aspects and thus bringing concentration and focus. Initially, this drug was given to the person who had narcolepsy and shift work sleep disorder problems. Later the medical researchers found that it has the power of establishing the prolonged concentration and focusing on one’s mind.
The biggest thing of this Provigil drug is that they cause the little or no side effect to the people during and after using it. People prefer this drug for the different purpose ranging from studying to wakefulness.
Compared to other smart drugs, Provigil is 1000 times potent (when comparing racetam). And it gives more benefits for even lower dosage than any other smart drug in the market.
How Provigil help to boost brain power?
This wonderful drug works in different ways to boost the brain and provides the favorable benefits to its users. However, the effects would vary from person to person and that too depends on their age, health conditions, age and how they are taking the medicine during the course of the treatment. Below are the some of the key observations that are noted during the use of the Provigil medication.
– Provigil helps to delay the aging of brain cells and promoting the growth of existing brain cells.
– It helps to improve the production of certain chemicals in the brain called neurotransmitters which is the responsible for the communication.
– Even Provigil acts as the natural stimulants in the brain and assists the user to perform well in the brain related activities.
Difference smart drugs and nootropics
There is a common fact the floats among the people are both the smart drugs and nootropics are same. But to be clear, nootropics are the type of smart drug but not all smart drugs are considered to be nootropics.
The smart drug like Provigil is sold as prescription medicine and primarily used for the treatment of cognitive disorders and enhancing the mental functioning of the user. Both Provigil and Modafinil are normally treated as popular brain boosters.
Nootropics are needed not to prescribe by the doctors and many are available in over the counter. Nootropics are considered to be the vitamins, antioxidants, and range of chemical ingredients that deliver the natural impact in the brain.
The good thing about the Provigil drug is that it will give you the targeted benefits which you do not get it with the exercise or diet. Before buying Provigil check with your consultant for your needs to get the wonderful experience of this smart drug.
- Lanni C, Lenzken S.C, Pascale A, Del Vecchio I, Racchi M, Pistoia F, Govoni S. Cognition enhancers between treating and doping the mind. Pharmacol. Res. 2008;57(3):196–213. doi: 10.1016/j.phrs.2008.02.004. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
- Urban K.R, Gao W.J. Performance enhancement at the cost of potential brain plasticity: neural ramifications of nootropic drugs in the healthy developing brain. Front. Syst. Neurosci. 2014;8:38. doi: 10.3389/fnsys.2014.00038. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [CrossRef]
- Normann C, Berger M. Neuroenhancement: status quo and perspectives. Eur. Arch. Psychiatry Clin. Neurosci. 2008;258: 110e14. [PubMed]
- Maher B. Poll results: look who’s doping. Nature. 2008;452(7188):674–675. [PubMed]
Trenque T, Herlem E, Abou Taam M, et al. Methylphenidate off-label use and safety. SpringerPlus. 2014;3(286):286. [PMC free article] [PubMed]
- Thomson H. Narcolepsy medication Modafinil(Provigil) is world’s first safe ‘smart drug’ The Guardian. 2015. Aug 20, https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/aug/20/narcolepsy-medication-modafinil-worlds-first-safe-smart-drug (accessed 8 Feb 2017).